What do your donations support?
- Classroom Funds: All grades receive an annual budget of $1,000 to spend how they see fit for their classrooms. This includes books, learning materials, technology and field trips. Specials each receive a $350 annual budget.
- The School Resource Account (SRA): This fund directly fills a budget gap left by BVSD cuts in 2010 and covers essential operating costs that pay for the basics: paper, copier rentals, toner, custodial supplies, maintenance, software licensing, etc.
- Community Building and Education Programs: The school yearbook, our Welcome activities, Bike Bonanza, Talent Show, Science Nights, Earth Day, Car-Free Commuting, the Foothill Garden, School-wide Assemblies and Teacher Appreciation Days are sponsored and paid for by the PTO.
- Capital Improvements: This includes technology, equipment for music and fitness programs, and improvements to outdoor areas.
- Book Room Fund: Books and learning aides for your children are added and updated every year.
- Para-educators: To support each grade level, the PTO supplements BVSD funding to secure additional para-educator time. This includes one para-educator salary and pays for extra staff hours, providing our teachers with critical classroom assistance.
- Tutors: Tutors support differentiation in the classroom to ensure all of our children receive a great education.